Anything's that's in the air, we put it there-Air Craft Maintenance.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Pet Peeve

The nice spammer, who infected my last post with three comments, has prompted the subject of today’s blog entry. Is there anything more annoying than unsolicited advertisements or information? I mean…do these tactics really work on anyone? You spammers out there…get a life…just think of all the good you could do if you directed your efforts towards something constructive instead of trying to get people to make millions of dollars from home or increase their penis size.
Okay…here is another pet peeve…people who own dogs, yet leave them permanently outside chained up or fenced in. I’m sure the dog just loves being subjected to the elements and totally ignored by their owners. It seems like every neighborhood has one of these. We neighbors also suffer when we open our windows to enjoy some unseasonably warm weather and are subjected to the insistent barking of an attention starved animal that sounds off at every passing car, person, insect, falling leaf, or plane flying overhead. My question is…why even own the animal if the only interaction between pet and owner is when the human caretaker slings some food at the animal once a day? The answer can’t be for companionship. Maybe the answer is protection. Hmm…Let’s see…maybe instead of owning a dog, try installing motion sensitive perimeter lighting around your house and have an alarm system installed. The alarm companies are always running specials and the monthly charge is probably comparable to the cost of feeding ole Sparky, especially when you consider the home insurance discount for the alarm. Or maybe, just keep the dog inside. I’m sure it could “protect” you better from in there and it would allow your neighbors a, much appreciated, peaceful nights sleep. So…what are some of your pet peeves?
P.S. I’d hate to sign off on a negative tone, so I’ll leave you with a little saying. I took it from a good friend of mine, who includes it in all of his emails. Here it is:

Sing like no one is listening
Dance like no one is watching
Love like you have never been hurt before

1 Comments:

Blogger Air Force Dad said...

Monica,

Thanks for the comment and you make an excellent point...I totally agree about the kid thing. I had so many brothers and sisters that my parents weren’t able to splurge on big expensive things for us, but I don’t regret anything about my childhood. It really helped me appreciate the simple things in life, like the beauty of nature and company of friends and family. I think about all of the things we do for the kids, and generally it is good for them. But, it’s important to keep everything balanced and constantly remind those little shits, how good they have it. For example …I was driving with my kids, listening to their compilation CD that included songs from radio Disney and some of their favorite television shows. Then they started fighting over which song to listen too, so I immediately ended the argument by saying, “I’m the adult here, we are going to listen to what I want to.” The kids sat silently, looking dejected, while I subjected them to my music. They learned their lesson…for at least a few days.

I’d like to add to you pet peeve #2 by adding; rude people at the movies (talking loudly or on cell phones). Although I can’t remember the last time I went to a movie that wasn’t an animated children’s flick, so I guess we go back to paragraph #1.

7:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home