Anything's that's in the air, we put it there-Air Craft Maintenance.

Friday, November 10, 2006

The Gemini's Emotional Side

I never bought too much into that whole astrological sign thing, but being a Gemini, I definitely display many of "the twins" traits. Today, the day before the wedding and I’m feeling very in tune with my emotional side, almost on a feminine level; and I’m not ashamed to admit that. It’s been quite a year and I’ve felt the lowest of lows; from my divorce and how it deeply affects my youngest daughter to my close friend’s suicide and throw in a family conflict for good measure. But I’ve also experienced the highest of highs; like feeling the liberation of getting out of a marriage that was, lets just say, less than ideal then moving on to find an incredible woman.

It all really struck me this morning, how amazing love can be. I readily admit that I was young and ignorant in my first marriage and stayed with it because I made a vow and I thought it was the right thing for the kids. I had never experienced deep love with a woman so I didn’t understand that was what you based you marriage on, not some words that you say. I finally get it. I was thinking about the culmination of events today and it brought tears to my eyes. My fiancé and I have been together a short time, but we have a special connection and know each other remarkably well. I never believed in the term “soul mates”, until I met her. Tomorrow, she will be my wife and I’m so excited for our future. I know it will not always be easy and these strong feelings will become less intense with time. But, I also know if two people are truly devoted to each other, there is nothing they can't overcome and no matter what; we always have that core emotion and connection to each other.

I feel very grateful that I get the chance to experience love like this. I hope that all of you in relationships can relate to what I speak of…you know…how you feel incomplete without your special someone by your side. I know many people sell themselves short or settle for something less and that makes me sad; especially to think I was one of those people for such a long time. So, here is to hoping all of your relationships are good ones.

This will probably be my last post for a week or so…unless I find a few spare minutes during our honeymoon. I realize this post is a little sappy, but that’s the point isn’t it? Besides, the masculine part of my Gemini personality is very secure. Until next time…take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home