Anything's that's in the air, we put it there-Air Craft Maintenance.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Wedding Faux Pas?!

It’s a dreary Monday, but I had a very nice weekend and hope you all enjoyed yours as well. All of the kids were away with their other parents, so my fiancé and I kicked off the weekend by racing to the courthouse, before closing time, to get the wedding license. After the clerk depleted half a rain forest, by butchering the spelling of my home town’s name; no less than 8 times and placing other vital information in the wrong spots, we finally exited with license in hand; to the well wishing of many of the voters that turned out to partake in their civic duties and cast their ballots for the local elections. We adjourned to the house for our traditional date night routine consisting of steaks, grilled to perfection, by yours truly, and a nice bottle of wine. Dinner was followed by watching television programs absent of any animation, talking inanimate objects or adults, dressed in ridiculous clothes, singing children’s songs. It was a very good night. Most of the weekend followed the same theme, with many constructive things taking place, such as Christmas shopping, waterproofing the deck, and finalizing wedding preparations. But for all that went well, me and my bride to be, were reminded that we made some serious wedding faux pas.
First, we scheduled our wedding on the first day of hunting season. This ended up being both good and bad. On the good side, I have a couple of acquaintances that happen to be hunters, which I didn’t plan on inviting to the wedding. At first I got some comments like “I didn’t receive my wedding invitation yet, must be some problem with the mail”. But after they realized which day the ceremony was to take place, they praised me for not wasting the postage to send them the said invitation. On the bad side, a few of my good friends, that WERE invited, are hunters. I was talking to one of my buddies and he was visibly distraught by the scheduling conflict. We sat discussing solunar tables, sunrise times and mileage from hunting spots to the wedding location. He said he wouldn’t miss the wedding for anything and came up with a game plan to both hunt and attend the wedding. I was happy that my event was not going to put my friend out, but a thought crossed my mind. It is very possible that, while saying our vows, the bride and I may actually smell the distinctive scent of “doe in heat” deer lure. Or, that fluorescent orange clothing may be spotted amongst the attendees. Well, we are in Arkansas and my fiancé and I have embraced that fact and will be offering two different styles of wedding favors. One will be a traditional favor, the other is going to cater to the “rednecks” in the group (I can’t divulge the details because it is a surprise, but I may post a picture after the big event).
Finally, it was pointed out that our wedding day is the same day that the, 8 win and 1 loss, Razorbacks host their SEC rival, Tennessee Volunteers. While the wedding will be over before kickoff, attendees would not be able to make the trip to Fayetteville and do any tailgating. I also found out today that, not only is the game going to be televised by ESPN; it is going to be the location for the “College Game Day” telecast. That’s pretty big stuff. So, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear a “hog call” during the reception….WOOO…PIGGGG…SOOIIIEEEE!!!!!
I guesss any, would be, couple have some sort of scheduling challenges to overcome. I think Saturday is going to be a great day and I’m so excited…florescent orange, deer piss, pig sounds and all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

I just watched a thing on the news at noon about a product called 'C'Mere Deer' that you spray around the woods to um...make the deer c'mere. It's doe piss and estrogen. Sexy.

Funny post, babe :). (But don't go look at my overflow blog...it has some wedding proof pictures up..tee-hee)

Anna

10:51 AM

 
Blogger Air Force Dad said...

Anna,

I used to go hunting with my uncle. He had a hunting jacket that he rubbed with scent glands from deer he killed. Man did that thing stink; we used to make him put it in the back of the truck when we would be traveling to our hunting spot. It's nice to know that those rascally hunters have made stinking yourself up, much more convenient.

I'm glad you liked the post...and thanks for tempting me with the bridal pics.

10:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home