Anything's that's in the air, we put it there-Air Craft Maintenance.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Gender Assignment For Your Vehicle?

So there I was, driving down the highway, when I noticed something hanging from underneath the pick-up truck in front of me. I got closer to see what it was and, low and behold, it was a set of nuts! Yep…testicles, balls, the two boys, family jewels, or whatever you choose to call them; this truck had a pair. I’m not sure how widespread this phenomenon is, but I have spotted a few other vehicles that are apparently “males”. I consider myself a bit of a northern redneck because I was born and raised in a rural northeastern town, where hunting and fishing was the major source of entertainment and a nice pickup truck was the vehicle of choice. So I understand the tendency to customize a vehicle especially with something functional (ex. bug deflector or mud tires) or with an emblem of your quarry or conservation group of choice. But, I just can’t see the sense of placing a replication of, arguably the least attractive part of the male anatomy, on one’s vehicle.
Now, two questions come to mind.
1. How did something like this find its way to a retailer?
I envision a brainstorming session at a major truck accessory supplier. All the brightest market research analysts are present and they lock themselves in a room determined to find the next big trend in vehicle accessories. After hours of debating, Bob stands up and says “I’ve got it. We’ll make rubberized testicles that can be attached to any vehicle to give it the manly touch.” The room breaks out in applause and Bob is awarded the employee of the month and gets a nice fat $15,000 bonus, for thinking “outside the box” or maybe “inside the pants” in this case.
2. The next question, what compels someone to actually spend the time and money to utilize this accessory?
Again, I envision a man named Cooter, who just spent thousands of dollars buying every truck accessory offered in a J.C. Whitney catalog. Cooter drives his highly modified “pride and joy” over to his friend Bubba’s house to show off his new ride. Bubba says “Truck looks good, it’s just not manly enough for my tastes, and it’s missing something. Cooter, I think your truck could use some balls.” And the rest, as they say, is history.

7 Comments:

Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

I think I know Cooter. And I took baths with Bubba when I was 2. Did I ever tell you that? I had a cousin named Bubba, lol. We bathed together regularly until my mom and dad moved to St. Louis when I was 3. They have the embarassing pictures to prove this of course.

Anna

9:57 AM

 
Blogger Air Force Dad said...

Anna,
Thanks for your comments. What is it about parents, that they all have some sort of embarassing childhood bathing pictures of some sort. I think we have dropped the ball on this, in that I can't remember us having any particularly good evidence documenting our childrens'embarassing moments. Your post reminds me of one of those "you might be a true Arkansan" skits...You might be a true Arkansan if you have ever bathed with a cousin named Bubba. lol Have a great day!

11:10 AM

 
Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

Lol.

Hey, my mom was just saying that yesterday, that we need to get on taking some embarassing bath pictures. I told her big'un was just too big, and knowing how she likes to swat at people that annoy her lately we might end up with black eyes if we tried to document her tub time.

Princess and Roo, however...hmmm...there might still be time! Mayhap this weekend.

Hugs,

Anna, who bathed with a bubba and gone 'frog giggin' on a first date. a definite true arkansan, lol.

12:56 PM

 
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

I'm cracking up at the meeting scenario. That's hilarious and I can see why you guys have hooked up. :)

4:02 PM

 
Blogger Stacia said...

My older daughter won't take baths anymore. She takes showers now.

Luckily we got lots of pics of her and the little one in the tub together! Muahahaha!

4:10 PM

 
Blogger Air Force Dad said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:04 AM

 
Blogger Air Force Dad said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to not only read my blog, but to leave a comment. I’ll be posting another entry soon, so please check back. Have a great weekend and thanks again.

11:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home