Anything's that's in the air, we put it there-Air Craft Maintenance.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!!!


I realize that my last entry highlighted my distain for commercials, but if I were the marketing director for Wal-Mart I would totally cash in on Valentines Day. My add slogan would go something like this; “Be sure to shop Wal-Mart, your one-stop shop for all of you Valentines Day needs. We have it all.”:
Cards? Check
Flowers? Check
Chocolates? Check
Rope? Check
Massage Oil? Check
Camera and Film? Check
Condoms (with or without vibrating pleasure ring)? Check
Teddy Bears? Check
Personal Lubricant? Check
Candles/Wax? Check
Heart Shaped Cookies? Check
Midget Dressed in Cowboy Costume, Riding a Tri-cycle? Okay…so maybe we don’t have EVERYTHING.

Seriously though, I’m not a huge fan of Valentines Day. I think the concept is good, but I don’t feel like I need a holiday to remind me to be romantic. I think of myself as an everyday romantic…I’m always trying to find little thoughtful things to do for my wife and I regularly treat her to foot massages and the like. However, it is nice to set aside a special day for our loved ones and that is what I appreciate most about Valentines Day. My biggest gripe is how cliché it is, with all of the roses and chocolates and such. I prefer something with a little more thought to it. Another flaw in V-day is that most of the marketing is geared towards gifts for women. But that only makes sense because the women put up with our crap the rest of the year. Personally, I have nothing to complain about because my wife was so thoughtful that she gave me some chocolates and a very pretty pair of thong panties for Valentines Day. The only problem is the panties don’t fit me very well. My…umm…stuff…keeps falling out and the string kind of chaffs my backside, but it’s the thought that counts. Hee Hee, I love that woman!

Hope you all have a great Valentines Day!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home