Anything's that's in the air, we put it there-Air Craft Maintenance.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

TV...Schmeevee!

The Super Bowl and the commercials were the big topic of discussion this week. I watched some of the game but my feelings towards it were lukewarm, much like the rest of the football games during the regular season. I used to love to watch football, but trying to sit through a televised game is just painful to me. The amount of commercials is utterly ridiculous. Don’t get me wrong, I understand commercials generate the revenue for the television networks, but I feel the networks have damaged the entertainment value of their offerings in their quest to maximize profits from commercial breaks. It’s not just football either. Have you tried to watch a show or movie on a national or cable network (ex. TBS, Comedy Central, etc) lately? It seems like over half of the allotted time is dedicated to bombarding the viewer with advertisements for products, services or upcoming channel programming. I just don’t have the patience and end up using Tivo to record the program so I can skip through the commercials. My question is; has it always been this way or is it just me? I don’t think I have ADD, but I guess it’s possible that I have developed it in my adulthood. My wife may interject that it’s a sign of my rapidly advancing age and the first steps on my journey to becoming a crotchety old man. Hmm…maybe she’s right. I guess I’ll sign off now; I’ve grown bored with this blog entry, if only there would have been some flashy message about drinking cold beer with half naked women on trampolines, it might have kept my interest. Until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home