Anything's that's in the air, we put it there-Air Craft Maintenance.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Bright Side


I usually consider myself a very upbeat and optimistic person. However, last Sunday I was in doldrums. I started thinking about the upcoming week and beyond and felt a sense of dread come over me. My work schedule was looking quite grueling, my girls are scheduled to visit their Mom for two weeks in June and my wife will be gone the first weekend in June to deliver our step-son to his father for his month long visitation. All of these combined factors were threatening to send me into a state of deep depression. My wife sensed my sullen mood and told me to look on the bright side of things and if I could just muddle through the rough stretches there is plenty to look forward to. So that is what I did and what a nice week it has been. It went by very quickly and I was able to take an unexpected day off on Friday. I had such a fun day. My step-son and I got to hang out and do some male bonding while my wife worked on meeting her word count goal for the day. After lunch, the little one took a nap and my wife and I adjourned to our bed to lounge and watch one of the 80’s movies we ordered from eBay. It was such a relaxing afternoon. We followed it up with an evening walk around the lake and returned home to cook some steaks on the grill. I really couldn’t have asked for a better day. I had to work yesterday but the wife and I were child-free for the evening so we decided to go out for a date. We had a great dinner at a cozy little Italian restaurant. We returned home and enjoyed each other’s company while we watched, yet another of our eBay 80’s movies. It was a most excellent date night!

I’m not sure what the point of this blog entry is…I guess there really isn’t one. Except… maybe…when things look bleak, sometimes you need to just take a look at things from a different perspective. I feel so lucky for what I have in my life. I love my family so much. I adore all of our children and truly cherish my wife. I think it’s amazing how much I enjoy my wife’s company and I can honestly say that I love her more today than I did when I married her 6 months ago (which doesn’t seem possible). But, I shouldn’t be surprised because she is all I ever wanted in a wife. With all of those things going for me, it really doesn’t matter how many days in a row I have to work or whatever other downers life can throw at you, I can always find a “bright side”.

I apologize to anyone that felt nauseated at reading this, but I’m just totally smitten and can’t help myself:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home